What were we even worried about, again?
But first, the Highlights!
- Vince Dunn was your TOI Leader at 22:53, also clocking in with more than 3 minutes of just power play time.
- The Kraken’s strategy with the Flyers was much the same as it was on Monday in their win over them: let them work real hard for ultimately little gain, make a boneheaded decision with the puck, make them pay for it with a really quality shot-against, which in this came generally meant “score”. Were it not for some heroic effort on the part of the Flyers goalies, I’m sure this score could’ve been much worse; the Flyers seem to be quite scouted by Hakstol. Wonder if he knows anybody there?
- Once again, you can tell when the Kraken are gonna win when it looks like everything is coming easy to them; the puck never really stops moving, and while they may not seem like they’re winning footraces initially, they’re always ready to get out in front of you. What a joy to watch them at their full power.
- Matty Beniers finally got off his slump with another patented 2-point night; contributing an assist on Schultz’s goal and of course, picking off Konecny’s pass from the point to pick up a goal of his own. He’s nearing 40 points, which feels like he’s got another couple of these in him somewhere that he’ll bust out soon. The next rookie in the Calder race behind him would need to score two hat tricks and have a two point night just to tie him right now. Again, we’ll take it ahead of time, NHL.
- I’m gonna give Philipp Grubauer some slack even though the Kraken started to ebb against the Flyers. It’s not every day you face 19 shots the entire game. Even with the sloppiness that preceded it I’m sure it must’ve felt like an accident.
- Oleksiak and Deslauriers is a fight you normally see on those ESPN late night boxing cards or the undercard of a WWE event. Either way, I would not want to take a punch from either one of those big fellas.
- Back in 2nd place, still got quite a ways to go but there’s some winnable games ahoy. Just keep the pace up and we’ll be able to
- Keep Calm, and Post Zoidberg when we win.
Let’s marvel at just how badly the Kraken whupped the Flyers with some Charts by NaturalStatTrick.com
- It should be noted that the power play was very much the decider in this one. At all situations, this was not close at all. NaturalStatTrick.com
- Actually pretty tight when you forget they spent most of this game not trying to influence the score for 40-something minutes. NaturalStatTrick.com
Couple things, number one: DJLR is absolutely sticking around right here at this address and with this name after March, it just won’t have the SBNation logos (or Chorus system). We’ll keep you posted on specifics in the coming days!
Second, the Kraken will get a day of practice/relaxation before taking on the Red Wings on Saturday. That game drops the puck at 7:30pm PT.
Let’s go Kraken!