The Need to Knows:
- The Time: 4pm PT
- The Place: Canadian Tire Center, Kanata, Ontario
- Place to Watch: ROOT-Northwest, SportsNet 1
- Place to Listen: KJR 93.3
- An Opposing Viewpoint: Silver Seven Sens
Know Your Enemy:
- Claude Giroux is sharing the lead goal-scorer spot with Tim Stützle, both of whom have 15 goals. Giroux in 38 games, Stützle in 34.
- Brady Tkachuk is the leader in points for the Sens with 39 in 38 games, and has been a royal terror every step of the way.
- On the power play, Drake Batherson has been a menace: 10 powerplay goals in 38 games, leading the team.
- Cam Talbot has gotten the lion’s share of starts for the Sens, he’s posted a .911 and a 10-9-1 record in that time.
On the surface, a team that is 6th in their division should probably not be cause for concern. But do not count out these Senators; they’re 6-3-1 in their last 10 and have a two game winning streak, hoping that they can ride this momentum...all the way into maybe squeaking into the wild card. East is pretty tough this year, don’t feel bad for them. They have figured out how to do that “scoring” thing again, so while their defense might be uh...bad, they play a tough game, and they’ll definitely give the Squids a hard time.
Meanwhile, the Kraken are now doing preventative maintenance on their extremely tentative 3rd place in the Pacific berth, and this upcoming week is extremely tantalizing for that: a bunch of struggling teams on the schedule with only a couple of major exceptions, and LA is playing nobody but Pacific teams. There’s real opportunity to put some distance between Albertan-based hockey (something everyone should strive for) and Seattle.
Will the Kraken begin this back-to-back on a high note? Or will their resolution for points be stuck in Parliament?
Tune in to find out!