A regulation win? In this economy??? That’s Kraken hockey, baby!
NHL Video Highlight - Ryan Donato scores against the Winnipeg Jets to make it 2-2. pic.twitter.com/fq9hvxlPWi— Seattle Kraken Gamebot (@KrakenGameBot) December 19, 2022
- Tonight’s time on ice leader was Vince Dunn, who played nearly 25 minutes this evening and finished with an assist to boot.
- Brandon Tanev didn’t make it on the stat sheet in the scoring department, but he did put his body on the line, blocking at least two shots that stung him good enough to skate gingerly back to the bench. Thankfully he didn’t miss any shifts, but he’s probably got a few gnarly bruises to show for his commitment.
- The penalty kill, which has had its ups and downs throughout the year, had a down night. An early 5-on-3 against was the cause of the game’s opening goal, with Mark Scheifele scoring right off the draw while the Kraken’s top two defenders — Adam Larsson and Vince Dunn — could do nothing but sit and watch from the sin bin. Winnipeg’s second goal of the night came with Will Borgen in the box. They did not score at 5-on-5.
- Let me just look at this extremely aesthetically pleasing Jordan Eberle goal one more time:
Eberle with the spin-o-rama pic.twitter.com/hhRIgpBuDK— B/R Open Ice (@BR_OpenIce) December 19, 2022
- The new-look third line of Yanni Gourde, Ryan Donato, and André Burakovsky was on the ice to begin the third period, and took only 16 seconds to turn this into a brand new hockey game. In over 7 minutes together, these guys held the Jets to exactly zero shots on goal, while tallying 8 for the Kraken.
- Let’s give a shoutout to Justin Schultz for the smart and well-executed pinch that led to the turnover and Jared McCann’s game-winning goal. I know I personally didn’t expect a ton from the 32-year old this year, but he has pretty consistently made the smart play on defense this season.
NHL Video Highlight - Jared McCann scores against the Winnipeg Jets to make it 3-2. pic.twitter.com/BS0AVJ2kDr— Seattle Kraken Gamebot (@KrakenGameBot) December 19, 2022
- Let’s look at the shot chart, because WHEW did the Kraken dominate the scoring chances in this one far more than the final score would suggest.
The Kraken stay home this week, with their next game coming this Tuesday against the St. Louis Blues.