But first, the Highlights!
- Your TOI leader for the day was Adam Larsson, with 26:37 logged tonight.
- The Flames definitely are as advertised: They’re big, they’re bruising, and if you let them, they’ll cause havoc, and the Kraken definitely got havoc brought to them in the second period. And then Yanni got that shorthanded goal. And then they managed to cause a clean break off of Lucic losing an edge. And then they held the lead like a dug-in tick. In short, they did to their opponent what their opponent normally did to them last year. This was one of the gutsiest wins of the day, and unquestionably the gutsiest win of the first half of the year unless another one comes along. The Kraken absolutely gritted out a well earned W and they have shown that they can do this. The expectation is that they keep at this. We’ll see where we are by American Thanksgiving of course but...right now? sitting at third in the Pacific? Things are looking up!
- Joey Daccord! Buddy! You got your first NHL win! Yeah, you had a .900 SV% but still! What a great night you had, particularly on the back-half of the third period!
- Man when Yanni Gourde is on his horse he’s a force of nature. His entire line had an answer for everything Calgary brought to the table...and gave them some curveballs as well. Excellent work by the third line tonight!
- Matty B on yet another point streak! This time it was the game winning goal that added to it. When he finally matures into his final form, he’s going to become a nightmare and it’s so fun to watch him grow into his terrifying power.
- Speaking of streaks, Morgan Geekie is making himself a name to watch on this team with his third goal in four games, as well as an assist you’re gonna wanna go back and watch again tonight because oh man he played well tonight.
- Now please do this against a bad team for a change? I know you guys don’t really have a bunch of real mediocre opponents (aside from like...maybe Pittsburgh) coming up in the next couple weeks, but...y’know, try it against San Jose before Turkey day? That’ll go a long way.
- Keep calm, and post Zoidberg when we win
Kraken get a day off for travel, then play a mercurial Minnesota Wild on Thursday evening at 5pm PT. Adjust your work and travel schedule accordingly!