I am declaring war on Max Comtois and anyone who sells Max Comtois to the community
But first, the Highlights!
- Your TOI Leader was Jamie Oleksiak, who finished his night with 20:40 in TOI!
- Anaheim is bad. That’s not news, they were bad back when everything started. This was bad, though. You can tell their tankjob is as blatant as it’s ever gonna be; their lineup is falling apart at the seams and the Kraken sorta showed up and just kinda...pantsed them. Not much else to it. Troy Terry and Trevor Zegras must be counting the days until the Draft Lottery drawing.
- I have no proof he could do this, but I’m fairly certain Eeli Tolvanen made David Poile’s ass quit. Well deserved.
- Yet another 2 point game from Beniers that the Kraken drop a train on their opponent. Can’t ask for more than that.
- Grubauer was uh...infrequently tested by the Mighty Bad Ducks of Anaheim, but gave up a late one to Maxime Comtois (we will come back to him) so his SV% of .909 is a little less impressive than you’d expect. Still, I think he had a good game and the defense in front of him kept Anaheim well out of it for pretty much 58 minutes of a 60 minute contest.
- Well, ESPN got their Trevor Zegras highlight. I’m sure they’ll show that in between speculation on whatever the hell Aaron Rodgers is doing with the Ars Goetia in the woods and moralizing about Ja Morant waving the blicky around. I wish I had sarcasm font here because here is where I would put “isn’t that what really matters”
- I will not complain about the refs, I will not complain about the refs, I will not complain about the refs, I will not complain about the refs, I will no-what the hell was that in the third with Vince Dunn???? If he genuinely went in for concussion protocol...good, it’s good that he got tested. But a bigger point; Stripes. Zebras. Refs. Guys. He was bleeding from the nose and mouth from that hit. You must call that. You deserve to be called f#!king cowards if you’re not gonna give Comtois a seat for that. If they really fine him, pay it in movie theater floor pennies. The kind that are upsettingly sticky and you don’t know why and don’t want to know why.
- That said, I really do hope Vinnie’s okay. The Kraken are gonna need him as they enter their final stretch of games.
- Yet another multi-game win streak...that coincides with LA going on another heater. Lol. Lmao. But this win now gives the Kraken a shot at tying Vegas and LA for first in division, or at least threatening for it. We must all pray on their downfall this thursday. The epitome of beauty depends on it.
- Keep Calm, and Post Zoidberg when we win.
Let’s get under the hood and look at this game through some charts from NaturalStatTrick!:
- Anaheim... NaturalStatTrick.com
- ...is honestly not terrible at the high danger stuff but they GOTTA get shots off in general in order to improve. Still, very good work from Seattle NaturalStatTrick.com
Kraken get a day off for practice and relaxation, and then take on a rising foe in the Ottawa Senators on Thursday night at 7pm PT. Please ignore the 5-0 drubbing at the hands of Chicago.
We’ll see you there, GO SQUIDS!