The Kraken still haven’t lost more than three times in a row this season. It’s efforts like this that make it apparent.
But first, the Highlights!
- Boy you can really tell that St. Louis is calling it on their season and hardcore selling. Their coverage at points in this game was absolutely putrid. Still, much better effort from the Kraken who played with much more structure than the last game would imply and got the Blues to make all sorts of costly mistakes and keep them torqued up tight.
- Minor complaint in the middle of a win, but can the Kraken PLEASE stop giving up shorthanded goals!? C’mon, man.
- Martin Jones probably would want at least one of the three goals he gave up back, but as per usual, the goal support came, and his .880 SV% became ignorable today.
- Morgan Geekie had a very interesting night; two goals, maybe one with a little bit of luck involved, but still a great night...that might’ve sold someone on him in a way that might have him on a different team by Friday afternoon. Frank Seravalli noted yesterday that he’s suddenly gained quite a bit of interest on the trade market now that a lot of the big names have left the market, and it seems Seattle is willing to take the next couple of days to see if legitimate interest turns into something they can milk for later.
- Eeli Tolvanen had a three point night and the Preds had the temerity to trade Ekholm to Edmonton. For shame. That should be Seattle’s defense upgrade.
- The Kraken slid back into 3rd tonight thanks to this win and uh...Boston winning in regulation against Edmonton last night I guess. Why do I get the feeling the rest of the season is gonna be playing musical chairs with the Oilers?
- It’s gonna be a very weird end of the week for the Kraken; a back-to-back with Detroit and Columbus...where every last team involved could be wildly different before gametime on Friday. Get ready, the home stretch of the season is at long last here.
- Keep Calm, and Post Zoidberg When We Win
Let’s go over this game using charts from NaturalStatTrick!:
- Didn’t start great, but found a way to get back into it slowly but surely! NaturalStatTrick.com
- That said Seattle basically kept the Blues in a holding pattern for much of the game before the third. Good stuff to start the trip, boys! NaturalStatTrick.com
The Squids get back out onto the road for travel, then take on the Detroit Red Wings as the first part of a back-to-back before Deadline Day. That game drops the puck at 4pm PT.
We’ll see you there!