[808 cowbell noise emanating from my corpse]
If you can stand it, the Highlights:
- Your TOI leader was Adam Larsson who had himself 23:58 logged.
- The Kraken got ran down by a team desperate to prove they aren’t a first round and done team and boy did it look like it, especially in the first period where they started a level of poorly I didn’t even think was possible; they had no possession through the first 20 minutes and got three goals dropped on them, making a hard task even harder. They climbed back in a little but...yeah, it wasn’t happening tonight.
- Grubauer got chased, in case you needed to know what his night was like. Not that his defense was giving him much to work with; the Kraken kept turning the puck over in the neutral zone closer to him and a team like the Leafs who are high-octane and high end talent laden, that can be a death sentence and BOY HOWDY WAS IT.
- Auston Matthews is a real player, eh
- If you need a highlight, Vince Dunn just needs one more goal to tie his career high. We’re probably gonna need him to get that because the offense couldn’t complete a half-decent pass if it had life or death stakes right now.
- The Kraken are now fighting Winnipeg(!?) for a wildcard spot thanks to this three game skid that’s taken a lot of wind out of the sails of the fans and I completely get it. These guys need to get their heads on straight before they go on this road trip because they looked completely overmatched and dazed. Thankfully the next three games aren’t terrible...but they proved they can still do some real dumb stuff against San Jose. Get in gear, gents. There are extremely winnable games in your near future.
- Keep Calm, and Post Zoidberg When We Win.
You can just scroll right past these charts, they’ll make you sad:
Kraken hit the road this week, starting in St. Louis on Tuesday, Detroit on Thursday, Columbus on Friday, and then finish it up on Sunday in Colorado. The game against the Blues will start at 5pm PT.
Let’s get this ship righted!