MY KINGDOM. FOR GOAL. SUPPORT.
But first here’s Philipp Grubauer keeping these damn Squids in a game they shouldn’t have been in:
- Your TOI leaders were once again Vince Dunn and Adam Larsson, who each played 22+ minutes.
- Okay so let’s just cut to the chase the Kraken got mostly pumped in this game and Philipp Grubauer showed up ready to play and was intent on stealing them one. They got most of the goal support necessary to at least hang on for a little bit, but they couldn’t seal the deal. Grubert, my dearest and best son, put up an actual factual .950 SV%, with 38 of 40 shots on goal saved over regulation and overtime. And the Kraken could not find that spark to reward him for his efforts. Its been absolutely unacceptable in the past that they can’t find the way to score for a player actively trying his ass off behind them, and it’s unacceptable now. When he’s in net? PLAY HARDER.
- Man, even if he did get an assist on McCann’s ping-pong power play tally, I think Vince Dunn wants this game back. Imagine if he just marked Connor and let that puck dribble away. Would we even be here right now?
- Man, MTS arena really has just found this bizarre atmosphere in the last few years. That building used to be rocking most of the time and now it’s just...quiet. All the time. Maybe it’s all that Midwestern (Canadian) niceness I hear so much about? Maybe they’re all on their phones?
- Please get well soon, Burky. We need you.
- Kraken power play scored, I don’t know what else to tell you; they probably need more goal scoring either at the draft or at this deadline. Wherever they can get it first. We can’t be beholden to the top line and pairing every night. They’re getting the depth goals, they just need their top 6 mojo to stabilize.
- That said, the shootout L means the point firmly gets them back in third for right now, but the difference between third and first is just two points. Come on back home boys, and let’s settle whatever nonsense has been causing this and win on Thursday. They’ve got some prime real estate to do so over the next weekend or so; let’s make it count.
- Keep Calm, and Post Zoidberg when we win.
Let’s marvel at how good Philipp Grubauer really had to be through the charts at NaturalStatTrick.com
- Philipp we don’t deserve you NaturalStatTrick.com
- Really, REALLY don’t deserve you. NaturalStatTrick.com
Well that road trip sucked. Let’s go home on Thursday and host the Flyers, puck drop at 7pm PT.
How does that sound?