To think they were keeping up so well right up until the end.
But first, the Highlights:
- The Kraken played this one about as well as anyone could expect while missing Schwartz, Schultz, and Burakovsky, but couldn’t get the goal support necessary to close out the win. OT was especially infuriating, as they held possession for pretty much the entire period but couldn’t get a shot away that could’ve finished this.
- The Kraken got yet another goal out of Ryan Donato to tie things up in the second. While it’s great that he’s yet another depth player who’s really finding himself in a Dark Blue jersey, there’s still plenty of dudes in the top six who need to start pulling their weight in these kinds of games and get some finish.
- Philipp Grubauer finished this game with a .963 SV% and kept the Squids in this through multiple sequences. It’s frankly insulting to how he’s played that the team feels the need to play back on their skates and not try to do offense in order to play well in front of him. He’s giving you guys what you need. Take advantage of it.
- Whatever, they got the point. They lose first place for now, but are holding second nice and easy. They’ve got some time off to address their play in front of Grubert as well. Better use it.
- Just as a personal note, Please beat the shit out of Vancouver on Wednesday. They just did Bruce Boudreau dirty and they deserve to finally lose to this squad.
- Thankfully, all of the folks missing are day-to-day, so the long layoff should help them heal up.
- Keep calm, and Post Zoidberg when we win.
It’s Chart Party, starring NaturalStatTrick!
The Kraken get a few days off, and then get right back at it against Vancouver, whatever they look like by Wednesday, at 7pm PT.
We will see you then, and GO SQUIDS