DO YOU SEE
But first, the Highlights!
- Your TOI leader was Adam Larsson with 27:22 played.
- THIS GAME RIGHT HERE? THAT OVERTIME? IS EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT ABOUT BURAKOVSKY BEING THE MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER ON THE KRAKEN. Dude spent a good ten seconds in overtime dissecting what the Devils were doing and just put a cannon-shot through Blackwood’s five hole. Didn’t even crack a smile afterwards. Ice cold.
- Shoutout to Vince Dunn allowing Burky even a chance to pick that puck up from a protracted battle, earning that primary assist and keeping his point streak alive at 9 games. He had a solid night!
- Ryan Donato spent most of this game as first star of the game due to two excellent tallies while in tight on Blackwood, and boy did he rip them. He’s up to 10 goals now, which brings the total number of Kraken forwards with double digit goal totals to 7, with at least a couple more currently threatening. He, quite frankly, put the screws to the Devils at their own game and it was awesome to watch.
- After a couple of games of the Kraken running out of steam, Seattle took another team that has turned out to be exceptional (and from the Eastern Conference), and absolutely dictated the terms of the game to them. Both sides gave as good as they got, both sides got some huge plays and excellent shots, but our dear Squids once again reminded people that if properly rested and motivated, they can absolutely tear the wings off of opponents and eat them while living.
- Of course, the Kraken were only in this situation due to some trademark goofiness that Seattle tends to create at home for whatever reason: Erik Haula managed to break contain and get a crazy breakaway thanks to some exceptionally lazy defense, and Nico Hischier being effectively unmolested with the goalie pulled. Still, the Kraken dug deep and did that “best response goal team of 2022-23” thing they do both times and it paid off. I loved seeing that kind of hustle when their backs are up against the wall. I do not want to see it more than a couple of weeks at a time.
- Both Jones and Blackwood finished this game with .900 SV%’s on the dot, in spite of the fact both players were doing exceptional stuff...they both ended up in perfect balance. The mysteries of life are beautiful.
- Your Seattle Kraken are currently FIRST in the Pacific Division. Okay...tied for first on points thanks to Vegas dropping their game against Detroit, but they lead in terms of goal differential and are this close on overall flat record. They’ve also tied their inaugural season win totals...a little over halfway through the current season. They’re gonna be fighting like hell to keep this; Vegas is still good, just hurt, LA hasn’t been themselves lately but we all know what they’re capable of, and Edmonton has just ripped off 5 straight wins. This race for the Pacific Division isn’t over by a long shot. But the Kraken are ready. This homestand will bring a lot of interesting talent and also Vancouver to town; all of them profoundly beatable. There’s a good chance to pad their lead incoming. Let’s hope they take it.
- Keep Calm, and Post Zoidberg When We Win.
Let’s take a look at the analytics with some charts and graphs from our friends at NaturalStatTrick.com:
Kraken get a day of rest, and then get right back to it against the Avalanche at Climate Pledge. That game drops the puck at 7pm PT.
We’ll see you there, and GO SQUIDS