Oh man, Saturday at Climate Pledge gonna be a s#!tshow. You really owe it to yourself to catch that one.
But first, the Highlights!
- It was the Ryker Evans show tonight as he nearly completed 27 minutes of preseason NHL hockey tonight, finishing with 26:28 overall and 22:19 of those minutes being even strength.
- While it doesn’t feel like the rivalry that everyone wants to happen has fully sunk in yet...you wouldn’t know it from how these AHLers and prospects went at it tonight. Tons of roughing, cross-checking, and if you’re John Hayden, Fighting going on in this one. Time will tell if the full-timers agree with that assessment but you could really feel the animosity both sides brought to one another.
- Tragically, Joey Daccord definitely showed a little more of what we expect of Kraken goaltending tonight. The first goal wasn’t really his fault thanks to a bad defensive breakdown but you’d hope you’d be able to get a stop on that third one. Thankfully he and Martin Jones managed to calm things down after that first period drubbing.
- More importantly, what these youngster showed in Vancouver tonight is something that the Kraken often tried to do last year but struggled to complete: a comeback. They were out-possessed for a lot of the game, but they were never really out of it, got a critical power play goal, and spent the rest of their limited time on offense making life very difficult for Arturs Silovs and Thatcher Demko, particularly in the netfront, where once again the Kraken made a commitment to keeping net-front scrambles viable and their shots as dangerous as humanly possible. To say this is positive growth is understating it. I can’t wait till the McCann-Gourde-Tanev line can go mix it up like that. There will be players coming back to the bench looking like they got hit by a car. It’s gonna be awesome.
- That Donato goal man. That’s just beautiful.
- Like I said up at the top: Saturday’s gonna be messy. The Canucks are coming to King County furious, win-less, and probably still looking for a piece of John Hayden. You owe it to yourself if you can to get down there.
- Keep calm and post Zoidberg when we win.
- Go M’s!
Kraken face the Canucks again at Climate Pledge on Saturday, that one’s again a 6:30pm tilt with that one being on ROOT Northwest.