Now that’s more like it!
But first, the Highlights!
- Your TOI leader was Vince Dunn, who had a very busy night; playing 29:00 on the dot.
- To see the score you’d think the Kraken finally found a groove early and kept it up, but that couldn’t be further from the truth...at first. Matty Beniers got himself a fortuitous turnover and rocketed a shot past Bobrovsky, and the Kraken held that lead for a good long time before a living breathing real life Staal (not clickbait) restored it in the 2nd. After Burakovsky’s tally, it really felt like the rest of the game was just gonna be two sides swinging blindly...right up until they showed up a much more confident and eager team in the 3rd, where they mostly torched the Cats. You’ll see it in the game-flow charts, but the difference was noticeable and man it felt good to see them clicking again.
- Matty B’s goal could’ve very easily been at least a couple given how well that line of his played tonight; Panthers just had no answer for him and we’re all better people for having him in our lives.
- Daniel Sprong began this year on a PTO, remember. Dude’s been nothing but best possible value for his position in the lineup and it rules to see him do so well.
- The refereeing was decidedly meh, but I choose to use Hanlon’s razor when discussing it. Occasionally we’re just gonna run into games where the Kraken get dinged because. And hey! The penalty kill was lights out tonight!
- One thing I don’t condone is that disgusting hit Ryan Lomberg threw on Justin Schultz in the third period that started a big ol’ scuffle and had him get a game misconduct. That was unbelievably reckless and stupid, and I hope DOPS makes sure he pays for it in games. Though really I’m just hoping Schultzy’s alright.
- @ Pete Caroll, the trick is score early and then score a lot down the stretch. Hope this helps for next time!
- Dudes Rock
geekie jumped into the post-game scrum to ask matty the hard-hitting questions pic.twitter.com/F2mkmcmsTQ— Seattle Kraken (@SeattleKraken) December 12, 2022
- Keep calm, and Post Zoidberg when we win.
Let’s take a look at some graphs by NaturalStatTrick.com!:
The Kraken get a day off to travel and presumably enjoy the sun and sand, before they get right back after it against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday evening; that game starts at 4pm PT!
We’ll see you there!