LOOK AT THESE HIGHLIGHTS. LOOK AT THEM:
NOTES!? YOU WANT NOTES AFTER ALL THAT!?:
- Your TOI leader was Vince Dunn with 24:36 TOI logged in a very busy night.
- There is no point to recapping any of the goaltending performance. Nor defense. This was not a game where structure, backchecking, or even the concept of sound hockey existed. This was pure, burning chaos where both sides played objectively the worst hockey or the most professional version of pond hockey either of whom ever have or ever will with their current roster. It was terrible, and both sides need to have a frank discussion at practice about what the hell just happened here, because it really can’t happen again. It was so much fun, though. I hope this happens to other teams we don’t have any personal investment in.
- Scoring streak updates in order of when they happened: Matty Beniers with 2 points to add to his ongoing 5-game point streak and once again he catapults himself further ahead of the race for the Calder trophy. Andre Burakovsky had 2 points to add to his now 4-game streak. Jordan Eberle extends his point streak to 3 games with a personal best game of 4 assists. Justin Schultz had 3 points tonight. Spronger had 2 points tonight. I am probably forgetting one, my brain is frankly fried from watching this. What the hell was any of that.
- This was the highest scoring NHL game in nearly 20 years. OT started with the most goals of any 2 teams tied in NHL history. Martin Jones was the second ever goalie to give up more than 7 goals in a game and win, the last one played when Seinfeld was in it’s third season.
- Even at the end of all of that, the Kraken managed to get 5 straight wins against Pacific Division opponents over the last week and denied their rival (who I am putting my flag down on. LA is the rival. This is the one.) 4 points in under a fortnight. They continue a 6 game win streak, are now 4 points back from first in the division, and 5th in the NHL in points. If they were in any other division right now, they’d be no lower than third and comfortably in a playoff spot in all of them and, if you could believe it, would likely be ahead of a couple of teams on goal differential. We’ve already said the thing; they are batshit, they are absolutely capable of this nonsense, but they are good.
- Keep calm, and Post Zoidberg when we win.
The Kraken get a day off then return to Seattle on Thursday, where they begin a 3 game homestand against Eastern Conference foes, starting with the Caps. That game drops the puck at 7pm PT.
We’ll see you there, and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-