There’s something special about this team. Maybe it’s just chemistry, maybe it’s just the addition of quality depth forwards...but there’s something here, man.
But first, the Highlights!
- Your TOI leader was Adam Larsson, who logged a tidy 25:41 tonight.
- So hey. The Kraken got their first ever W over the Vegas Golden Knights in a year in which the Knights are an absolute wagon most other nights. That’s huge. But not only did they get that first ever W, they got that win in an absolutely dominant way. They controlled the puck, they didn’t let early loss of a lead get to them, and just kept hammering away at them until they got their lead and their win. They held control of this game in a deathgrip and refused to let it go. A win of quality and a convincing one at that.
- What else is there to say about Burakovsky, man. 2 goal night and it felt like every shot he took was one Adin Hill had to work to get. Just another day at the office for the guy comfortably leading the Kraken in points.
- Phillipp Grubauer got into his first game back in a good long while, and while yes, he did let up the two goals that made this feel like a closer game than it maybe should’ve, Grubert locked himself back in and came away with the victory, even if .909 SV% isn’t necessarily a game breaker result. He’s definitely shown he’s ready for duty should he be called upon again, and that’s arguably more important.
- Quieter night for Matty Beniers than usual, settling for springing Jordan Eberle to go embarrass the Knights defense and set up a goal that’ll be in the pre-game hype package at Climate Pledge in a month. We’ll take it!
- The only other real hump left is...sigh...Vancouver. Guess we’ll have to wait before Santa shows up to see if they can get that first W as well.
- Keep calm, and post Zoidberg when we win.
Kraken get a day off for travel, then make their way to the Honda Center to face the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday night, that game starts at 5pm PT.