It’s been an eventful Thursday ahead of the Kraken’s first game against the Buffalo Sabres, a team dominating the headlines today. Here’s the latest news about our beloved squid team and the league in which the play.
- Take a peak at the 32 Bar and Grill at the Kraken Community Iceplex, which opens this Saturday. If you look carefully you can even spot a photo of DJLR contributor Rebecca Moloney in the bar. [950 KJR]
- Chris Driedger is off of injured reserve and on the ice for Seattle
The Seattle Kraken have activated G Chris Driedger off of Injured Reserve and re-assigned G Joey Daccord to Charlotte (AHL).— Seattle Kraken PR (@SeattleKrakenPR) November 2, 2021
- The Kraken put a lot of thought into their fish-tossing three stars ceremony after home games [ESPN]
- After 10 full games, what exactly do we know about the Seattle Kraken? [DJLR]
- There were several superb Halloween costumes donned by the Kraken. Brandon Tanev and Jaden Schwartz went as Harry and Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber:
- Morgan Geekie as Dwight Schrute from the Office:
- Joonas Donskoi didn’t give us an outfit from this year but did offer the very Seattle costume of a Starbuck’s cup with the spelling of his name absolutely butchered that he wore last year:
Around the NHL
- Kyle Beach spoke to Rick Westhead about the abuse he suffered as a member of the 2010 Chicago Blackhawks and the failure of the organization to do anything about it (TW:SA) [TSN]
- Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews expressed their support for former general manager Stan Bowman when asked about the events surrounding Beach’s assault. [$ The Athletic]
- Brad Aldrich’s name was crossed off of the Stanley Cup [Yahoo! Sports]
- Jack Eichel has finally, mercifully, been traded away from the Buffalo Sabres
TRADE (big one!):— CapFriendly (@CapFriendly) November 4, 2021
2023 3rd RD pick (BUF) *conditional
2022 1st RD pick (VGK) *conditional
2023 2nd RD pick (VGK) *conditional
Conditions: If the 2022 1st is a top 10, then all picks in the trade push out a year.
- As Kraken fans, this sure sucks to see one of the best players in the league coming to a division rival, but who knows if he’ll be the same player after surgery, and at least Vegas had to give up a good haul for him.
- Marián Gáborík officially retired from the NHL [SportsNet]
- Sidney Crosby tested positive COVID [NHL]